Monday, November 17, 2008

Things that truly matter

Yes, I guess I have spent a lot of time feeling sorry for me lately.  Sometimes it's helpful to be reminded of what really matters in life.  
I was looking at some ward members blogs tonight and found this photo of Coop linked to a newspaper article.  He's warming up to play Taps for a young service member - a ward member.  


Coop got orders this week.  He'll be leaving some time in January and will be gone a year.  

It really starts putting things into perspective.... 

8 comments:

AnDe said...

oh wow... i can't believe he's leaving, and so soon.
i hope everything goes well.

Gramma Spot10 said...

The picture really does make you think. Life is too short to feel sorry for yourself. Enjoy each moment!

Knight Family said...

Hope things get better for you! Sorry to hear that Cooper leaves so soon. I really like that picture! Hope all goes well and know that you do have alot of family and friends to depend on!

Holly said...

What an amazing picture. I am so thankful for men like your husband and women like you who sacrifice SO much for all of us.

Kyle & Shanna said...

That picture is really neat. That is crazy that he is leaving in January. I hope we all see you soon.

Erin said...

That is a neat picture!!! Just remember when you are down what our phone numbers are, that is what we are all here for.

Traveling Deckers said...

Wow I am sure that will be tough for you. We will keep you in our prayers.

Becky said...

I didn't realize he played, how wonderful. There is nothing more touching than hearing those taps being played, unfortunately it is when someone dies. Are you staying here? My hubby won't be back til Sept. so you can join our deployed wives club, ha ha.
You have cute ideas, I am good at copying, just not coming up with the ideas.