Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cherry Blossom

This is my favorite time of year in Japan. The trees are all in bloom and Saturday (5 Apr) was our Cherry Blossom Festival. I thought I would be excited to get it over with, but I have to admit, I'm a little sad now. This was my last major event here at Camp Zama.
Early in the morning Maren and her dad participated in the run.... Maren was excited at first, but she wasn't all that thrilled by the time she got to the finish line.


Later that day she got to dance as part of the entertainment. I think this made up for the run :)


And there was plenty of playing the rest of the day.







2 comments:

Erin said...

How far did they have to run? I think it is about time you updated!! Maren is getting tall.

Kyle & Shanna said...

Oh how fun! So why you get blossoms, we are still getting more snow. It snowed again today! Crazy! How far did they have to run? I am excited for you to be back in the states, it's going to be a little easier to come see you.