Thursday, August 28, 2008

Frogs in the pool

Anyone that knows me, knows I like frogs.  Last night I could hear one croaking in the yard.  Not that uncommon here.  In fact, I have a toad that sits on the front porch every night.  His name is Virgil.

Anyway, the croaking came from the general direction of the pool, but certainly not in the pool, right?  There are chemicals in there......

Uhh, meet our guest.



The water is not green as it appears to be in these pictures.  Obviously I need to add more chlorine, but it is fairly clean.




I had planned to take the pool down once school started anyway.  Now that critters have taken over, I have a little more motivation to get it done.

He is a pretty big frog too.  And you have to admit he is kind of cute.


And, oh look, he has a little friend......  Oh goody. 





Uh oh... Big frog and little frog were playing leap frog.




Yeah, the pool is definitely coming down tomorrow!!!!  

(By the way, Maren took these pictures.  Quite the little wildlife photographer, wouldn't you say?)

3 comments:

Gramma Spot10 said...

They must have known you were a frog lover. I think it's time for the pool to come down, too.
Good job, Maren, with the camera.

Kyle & Shanna said...

That's awesome! The pictures are great!

Erin said...

That looked like fun!! Great pictures maren/